Can I sue my doctor for prescribing me steroids for my skin cream?

Asked 9 months ago - Newark, NJ

When I was 16 I had a small rash on my shoulder, close to where my stretch marks were. I took immediate actions and went to my primary doctor who prescribed me a lotion to apply daily and come back after a while. I used the cream but it only lowered the redness and stopped the burning/itching. After the lotion was done she would prescribe me more but the worst part is that the rash KEPT GROWING! It came to the point that the rash spread to my stretchmarks. I switched doctors and I later went to a skin specialist and I got the rash done with. But now I have a huge scar on my shoulder and I am so embarrassed! I am dying of embarrassment and I want to get money to get the huge stretchmark fixed!

I also found out the lotion had Steroids through the reasoning of my dermatologist.
I am 18 now and the only reason i didn't do anything before was because I was a minor and my mother isn't well educated so she wouldn't know. But now we both do.

Pro

2

Answered . You can certainly have a local Newark lawyer investigate

2. Francis M Smith

Pro

1

Answered . act promptly to consult with a medical malpractice attorney. You ony have 2 years after you turn 18 (the age of majority) to file a suit, or you lose your right to do so. Only another doctor can say if there was malpractice, and a good medical malpractice attoreny will gather your records and consult with an appropriate expert to determine whether you can prosecute a case against the doctor. Good luck!

3. Michael Anthony Donlon

2

Answered . Possibly. You have limited time. Consult a malpractice attorney in your area asap.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now