Can I sue my doctor for failing to diagnose / refer me and resulting in advanced endometriosis ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Indianapolis, IN

I complained to my doctor at 18yoabout symptoms that should alert to endometriosis . I began my menstrual cycle at 11yo and it only kept getting worse because of the scar tissue build up . I was privately insured and he failed to refer me to an Ob - Gyn . He only prescribed ibuprofen and did nothing else . I am 22yo today and have just discovered I have endometriosis that has been scarring my uterus for years now and the doctor recommended a laproscopy procedure to remove all the scar tissue and endo cells outside my uterus to stop the spread that can result in infertility . I have believed the pain I was feelings was normal because my doctor dismissed my complaints . Had he referred me the growth of en do would have not been this advanced . There is 50% chance I cannot have children ! !

Pro

4

Answered . I hope the procedure will work, and you will be able to have children. The only way to know if there was malpractice is to retain a local med mal lawyer who can order the medical records and send them to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  2. George Costas Andriotis

3

Answered . I'm very sorry to hear you're going through such a difficult situation and hope you've found a doctor who can help you this time. You should consult an attorney to review all your medical records and advise you.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  3. David B Pittman

Pro

2

Answered . The best advice I can give is to bring you medical records to a medical malpractice attorney and let them review your situation to see if you have a case. Good luck!