Can I sue my dentist for lieing to me and messing up all my teeth?

Asked 11 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

Maybe about 2 years ago a dentist took advantage of me and ran my medical up and did procedures on me that did not need to be done. He placed a couple crowns that I didnt need and one of them is not even the right size another one feel off a week after he put it on. He has also done a couple root canals that did not need to be done but he lied to me and my mother and told us my teeth were in bad shape and something needed to be done. I believe he is not in business anymore but can I still sue him? Do I have a good case? I have xrays of before I went to him showing i didnt need the work done and xrays after he messed up all my teeth.

1. Ajay Mohan Kwatra

Pro

5

Answered . Dental malpractrice ususally has a one year Statute of Limitatinos that will bar you from bringing a law suit, after the time has passed. You should find an attorrney as soon as possible.

2. David Herman Hirsch

4

Answered . Use the Avvo Find a Lawyer tab to find an attorney who deals with dental malpractice in your area. He or she can get the files and review them and give you guidance on how to proceed. Its impossible to answer a question like this on a forum like Avvo. The specific files and information needs to be evaluated by an experienced attorney. Best of luck to you...

THESE COMMENTS MUST NOT BE CONSIDERED LEGAL ADVICE. Comments made on websites such as Avvo.com are provided for information purposes only, and you should not base a decision to act or refrain from acting based upon this answer. The only way to determine how the law may apply to your particular situation is to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation. . That relationship is established by the execution of a written agreement for legal services. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.

3. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

4

Answered . Get your dental records to a dental malpractice lawyer. These are very difficult cases and you may already be outside of the Statute of limitations. Best of luck.

4. David J. McCormick

5

Answered . Get a copy of your dental records and have them reviewed by a local malpractice attorney.

Pro

4

Answered . You can certainly have a local dental malpractice lawyer investigate