Can I sue my college for the following reason ?

Asked 11 months ago - Berkeley, CA

I am a international student studying in USA on F1 visa.
I just transferred from community college in Missouri to this college in California.

There were list of things required for admission. But I was unable to complete my TB test requirement because the college health center was closed and when it opened there was a big queue. So my International student advisor told me that go ahead and register for classes. Then I registered for the class and also paid college tution & fees in full. So all these things were being done before i had even been admitted to the college.

Now that the TB test result have come positive. They told me to take another Chest Test and if that test comes out positive too, then i will be denied admission in the college and my tution and fees also won't be refunded

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

10

Answered . Not an immigration law questin.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

7

Answered . Sorry ... this is not an immigration question.

3. Boris Alexander Palant

6

Answered . Of course, your international advisor will never confirm that he said what you said he said. Therefore, any suit will be futile - his word against yours. Besides, you won't want to commence any lawsuit as no attorney will represent you without a substantial retainer. This is not the kind of case where any lawyer worth his salt would undertake to handle on a contingency basis.

4. Aneliya M. Angelova

Pro

5

Answered . Post your question in the litigation category.

This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.

Pro

5

Answered . Not an immigration question

6. Karen-Lee Pollak

4

Answered . Focus your efforts on getting a clear TB test.