Can I sue my college for relocating me to another dorm room with a warning?

Asked 6 months ago - Atlanta, GA

My school is trying to remove from my current dorm room another location because I had a few issues with roommate. My roommate and I have never fought and have only argued like once or twice. The issues that we have brought to the advisers have all been resolved. Every single one and my resident director wants to remove me without a warning at all and we only have a few weeks of school left. Can I sue for a refund for my room & board fees and emotional distress?

1. Scott Benjamin Riddle

Pro

1

Answered . Sure, you can waste time and money filing a suit before a Judge kicks the case out (probably with a lecture about tying up the legal system with silly cases). If you want to live as an adult, in more control of your life, sign a lease for an apartment.

2. Christine C McCall

Pro

1

Answered . You have no legal claim or recourse on these facts. Inevitably the Res Dir is acting at the behest of your roommate who does not want to deal with the issue face-to-face with you.

3. Gary Ralph Ilmanen

1

Answered . Just move to the new room. You have no case.