Can I sue my college?

Asked over 1 year ago - Savannah, GA

My financial/admissions advisor misused my loan and grant money. I have documents proving that she didn't effectively use my loans and grants correctly. I asked for certain documents that were needed and she refused to give them to me. Instead she padded my packet with useless paperwork. She lied about the disbursement process and even had me do two years of Financial aid in which I was awarded the grant on both but my school account doesn't show where my money is or how it was spent for it not to be present on my account. I spoke with the Associate Dean who helped but didn't understand the financial aspect of the situation. I have yet to receive any of my money from the grant or the student loans.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Alan James Brinkmeier

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . It is time for a lawyer, not a website, to discuss what claims you may have. AVVO is a free general legal information blog, not a substitute for legal advice. Look for an attorney you would like to have a consultation with. You can use Find a Lawyer tab above, right here in AVVO. Select an attorney, contact them directly and schedule a consultation. You might be glad you did.

Related Topics

Nondischargeable debt and student loans

Student loans cannot normally be discharged in bankruptcy. Unlike most other types of debt, student loans are nondischargeable--except in cases of hardship.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,512 answers this week

3,008 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,512 answers this week

3,008 attorneys answering