Can I sue my boyfriend of 6 years for deception? He's been getting a divorce since September 2005 before we meet.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Chicago, IL

After 4 years of us dating the estranged wife has been calling , texting , and threatening me . Since her last stunt he as not called , texted , or emailed me nor is he responding to any form of communication I've advance for a person who promised no secrets , no lies , he needs and wants me until death do us part . Lost , hurt sick , and confused

The Dissolution of Marriage was filed September of 2005 I've seen it, as well as the case files. We start dating October 2006 and at that time he informed me. He's in the same line of work as you all and She's being very difficult...
The level of emotional stress from this situation is causing health issue severe migraines, and excessive asthma attacks... Trying not to stress but hard not to with affairs of the heart :-(

1. Judy A. Goldstein

7

Answered . No, you cannot sue your boyfriend. Apparently he is now your former boyfriend. Well, actually, you can sue anyone for anything but the question is whether you can win, and the answer is you have no cause of action and cannot win.

2. Joseph Henry Sparacino

4

Best Answer

Answered . Illinois has not enforced Breach of Promise for many years. You knew he was married when you began the relationship. Don't talk to him until he can show you a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage is filed. Don't be attentive to him until he can show you a Judgment of Dissoltion of Marriage. If he won't take these actions, he is not committed to you. As I am often in Court call my assistant Dan London to set up a private telephone consultation. At the consultation we can discuss the confidential details we need to craft a strategic plan. These details should not be broadcast over the Internet.

3. Jeffrey Ira Schwimmer

5

Answered . You have no legal claim. In fact, it can be argued that you "assumed the risk" of this eventually happening by dating, etc., this man for six years based upon a tenuous representation, at best. As bad as this must hurt, emotionally, etc., this is the best thing that happened to you. With a little time, you can leave him behind and move forward to finding someone worthy of your affections.

4. Rixon Charles Rafter III

4

Answered . No.

Oldest story in the cheating husband handbook-- the 'other woman' never hears the actual truth.