Can I sue my boss for bullying and harassment at the work place

Natick, MA |

I am a college student that works at a company for a summer job, this is my second summer working at the company. Over the time I have been here I have witnessed and heard our boss bully and put down the employees, choose favorites, and create fear within the company. I myself have been a target to his multiple comments he makes about my sexual orientation. I am bisexual but not out of the closet yet, but he persists to make terrible and rude comments about how he thinks I am gay and say it publicly to humiliate me. I have many witnesses who have heard him belittle me and embarrass me. I am fed up with the comments and I think this man makes way to much money to just bully us all around. I was thinking about recording him the next times so I have clear evidence. please help

It is a violation of the Massachusetts anti-discrimination statute to create a hostile or intimidating environment because of your sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation. I would not record him, as you may end up with issues under the Massachusetts wiretap statute. I would either go to human resources or a manager who is higher up in the company and report what has been happening, or I would call an employment lawyer. I would be happy to discuss the matter with you.

Yes, report it to HR & call a local sexual harassment lawyer

Sounds like a EEOC federal claim and a state law discrimination claim. Contact a Mass. attorney. You might want top start looking on Avvo website.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at and Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at

Recommended articles about Employment