Can I sue my boss for bullying and harassment at the work place

Asked over 1 year ago - Natick, MA

I am a college student that works at a company for a summer job, this is my second summer working at the company. Over the time I have been here I have witnessed and heard our boss bully and put down the employees, choose favorites, and create fear within the company. I myself have been a target to his multiple comments he makes about my sexual orientation. I am bisexual but not out of the closet yet, but he persists to make terrible and rude comments about how he thinks I am gay and say it publicly to humiliate me. I have many witnesses who have heard him belittle me and embarrass me. I am fed up with the comments and I think this man makes way to much money to just bully us all around. I was thinking about recording him the next times so I have clear evidence. please help
thanks.

1. Judith A Miller

3

Answered . It is a violation of the Massachusetts anti-discrimination statute to create a hostile or intimidating environment because of your sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation. I would not record him, as you may end up with issues under the Massachusetts wiretap statute. I would either go to human resources or a manager who is higher up in the company and report what has been happening, or I would call an employment lawyer. I would be happy to discuss the matter with you.

Pro

2

Answered . Yes, report it to HR & call a local sexual harassment lawyer

3. Kevin Rindler Madison

Pro

Answered . Sounds like a EEOC federal claim and a state law discrimination claim. Contact a Mass. attorney. You might want top start looking on Avvo website.