Can I sue my apartment complex?

Asked over 2 years ago - Huntsville, AL

When I moved into my into my apartment in 2009, I noticed it was w water leak. The neighbors upstairs waterheater busted, causing me a delay on moving in. About a year ago I noticed mold in the ceiling and on my kitchen cabinets also coming through the ceiling in the bathroom. I told the apartment manager & they came to treat it using clorox & vineger. Months later it came back. We went through this process two more times. I asked to be moved to a new unit, they told that they cant because my least wasnt up. They also told them thats a health hazard, they want to cut a hole in the ceiling to fix it. I refused to be expose to the mold even more than I am now. I have clothes & shoes thats damaged. Me, my girlfriend, & the dog could suffer in the long run with lung damage because of this.

1. Randy William Ferguson

Answered . Of course you can sue the apartment complex, but would it be better to just move somewhere else. It really all depends on your damages and costs to move. Mold can be very dangerous, but you have to prove you are damaged in a case. Depending on your actual damages, not what could happen, but what has happened, is the determining factor if you should sue.