Can I sue my (KP) doctor for acting rude and making me horrbily unconfortable during doctor's visit?

Chatsworth, CA |

She was Doctor (female) I was male maybe she acted that way to avoid doing exam for hernia which seem very likely do to her statements.
Kaiser Permanent is already looking into complain. Do i have a case? I walked out of visit and she was more than happy to cancel visit instead of seeing if I was really ILL from hernia?

1. If your complaint is merely that you perceived the doctor acted rude during your visit, you have no legal claim. You should continue to follow up with Kaiser's member relations for a final resolution to your matter.

2. Poor bedside manner doesn't make for a medical malpractice claim. The purpose of a lawsuit is to obtain compensation for an injury. That means you must have an injury. Rude behavior at a clinic, though irritating, doesn't create a injury.

3. Even if the events of this examination had resulted in an injurious act or omission, your membership agreement very likely provides for arbitration rather than civil suit.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.