Can I sue Medicaid for medical negligence?

Bronx, NY |

Medicaid will not pay for original Cymbalta, preferring me to take the generic. They want a thirty day trial period to prove I am allergic to it, though I became ill after four days. For fifteen years I have been on psych drugs, now I'm going cold turkey: my body and mind are doing strange things, and my control is being challenged. Thank you.

Sorry for your condition.
Very unlikely you could have a successful case against medicaid.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

I doubt you can sue Medicaid for this.

The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

The government has done a pretty good job of insulating itself for liability for whatever it chooses to do... so, NO!

This is not legal advice. I am not your lawyer. You are not my client. You cannot rely on my response to your question. My response to your question is probably worth exactly what you paid for it. You don't get to sue me for anything. If you'd like to sue me, well you have to hire me first.