Can I sue Medicaid?

Taylorsville, NC |

My doctor and I have been trying for months to get approval on a name brand medication that is medically necessary. We've jumped through every hoop they've asked for (ie: asking for preapproval, trying another medication, and trying the generic). When I tried the other medication, I had serious side effects like clotting issues and insomnia (I haven't slept in a week). The generic version (which is nowhere near equivalent) gave me the symptoms of pregnancy without being pregnant. I was nauseous, dizzy, and even gained 15lbs in a month! We keep putting in the new information requesting to please let me go back on my old medication (which I had been on for 7 years), but medicaid keeps denying it. Can I sue them?

It is very unlikely that you can prevail in a lawsuit against Medicaid. They have governmental immunity in those kinds of cases.

You should consult an attorney in your State at once.