Can I sue landlord for throwing out property worth thousands and family heirlooms?

Riverside, CA |

Marshals came on 8/29 to evict me. I was informed that I had 15 days to obtain my property and that it could be put in storage at my expense. The manager had maintenance change the deadbolt and lock me out. I had to call the police to come later that day to gain access to my things for a short time. The officer and a friend witnessed a verbal agreement wherein the manager agreed to let me in the apt the following Tuesday. I was unable to go that day because I was in a car accident. I attempted to contact the manager, but she never returned my calls. On 9/06 I went there, found the door ajar and most of my property gone. what was left was mostly broken items. Today I was told that my property was thrown out because they did not value at more than $300 (Not accurate!) What can I do? Help!

I would contact a real estate attorney to see if you have any rights.

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Landlord-tenant topics