Can I sue Keiser University for not entering the right information on file when I submitted all paper work?

Asked 11 months ago - West Palm Beach, FL

I registered for school last month and the administer who did my registration is not longer an employee at this University. She most likely quit or got fired. I met with the finicial aid department and I gave her all the information needed for grants and loans. She then told me in personal the monthly payment and how I did not qualified for grams due to because I have used all the government money on my previous degree. I was okay with the montly payment and just recently made my first payment for this month($353). Prior to this, I paid for application fee and registration fee (the total of $200). Yesterday I received a call from the Financial Aid department and told me that she didn't know I have a B.A degree and now my monthly payment is $700. Now I cannot get my refund.

The financial aid department told me that I would be responsible for the first week of class since since I am withdrawing from school. She also gave me some options in which I refused to do in order to continue my career in Nursing.

1. Todd Bruce Kotler

1

Answered . It is unlikely this student would prevail, in court, unless they somehow were able to get the University to provide a copy of the form the student submitted versus the information the erstwhile Financial Aid employee entered. Even then a negligence theory against the university in suit (or perhaps countersuit if the university sues to recover more money) seems tenuous at best,