Can I sue internal border patrol for violation of fourth amendment or harassment?

Asked 9 months ago - Baton Rouge, LA

I was stopped at an internal border patrol in texas along hwy10. I had a dog n my vehicle that barked at their drug dog and they pulled me over for a secondary search. they discovered 2 roaches in my center console, gave them back to me and told me to get rid of them. I asked to dispose of them there and they told me no. I got off the next exit and threw out the roaches as I was instructed to do and told my boyfriend who was traveling with me what happened. We continued on our way only to be pulled over 20 minutes later where i was ordered to exit my vehicle and the male agent said he needed to search me. he performed a strip search on me ( female) on the side of the road. he intructed my boyfriend to keep driving. I had to show him my breasts. he then let me go. there is more...

1. Rixon Charles Rafter III

1

Answered . See a local attorney to discuss your story, your evidence and your options.

2. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

Answered . Please get to an attorney quickly. This situation is probably actionable. It would not surprise me to learn that the agents had been in contact with each other and were laughing at what they got away with. The best thing to do is look for an attorney who handles personal injury and criminal defense.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239
  3. Scott A Sheldon

Answered . I would suggest that you quickly see a local personal injury attorney and tell him/her your story. I would suggest that you request that the attorney quickly obtain any and all surveillance footage of the incident and/or get a spoliation notice out to the parties involved. If there is a tape, you may certainly have a strong claim under state and/or federal laws. The importance is to pursue this matter quickly and make sure you have your dates and times correct so that your attorney can pursue the correct evidence.

4. Scott A Sheldon