Skip to main content

Can i sue if i had a friend driving my truck fell asleep and rolled my truck ejected me sent me to the hospital for 39 days.

Hagerman, ID |

rolled truck , ejected from truck . Broke right ankle in 3 spots , broke foot in 2 spots , broke pelvis , sacrum , 5 vertebra in back , crushed top left and bottom right lung , Had traumatic brain injury , also tore ring finger tension , broke all bones in face . Not including being out of work for 7 months just looking to get my medical bills paid . insurance covered 25k on medical and there holding the other 25k for truck .

Attorney Answers 7

  1. Yes. Hire a personal injury lawyer to handle this for you.

    Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at

  2. Yes, but you will probably need the help of a plaintiff's personal injury lawyer in order to maximize your recovery.

  3. You absolutely need to hire a personal injury lawyer near you.

  4. I cannot stress strongly enough that you need a formal consultation with a lawyer who handles trucking litigation in your area. But yes, you can and should sue because your injuries are severe and to get you the best chance of reasonable compensation you need a lawyer to take this pressure off you so you can focus on getting well and back to work while he or she handles the details of your recovery. I'm not sure what kind of truck you mean but if it is a commercial truck, it might be subject to different regulations and would also be required to carry more adequate insurance.

    You will also need to consider all potential sources of insurance coverage including liability coverage, UM coverage and other secondary sources.

    Law is state-specific and laws may vary from state to state. You should consult an attorney in your state for specific legal advice. This answer does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

  5. Call or email an Idaho personal injury attorney without delay. You need an attorney to help get a recovery and, hopefully, avoid a lawsuit. See the attached link. Do not delay as the passage of time will negative affect your rights.

  6. Call Mr. Swartz or one of the other Idaho attorneys who answered your question. It is important that you get an attorney right away to deal with the legal issues.

  7. Yes, retain a personal injury lawyer to investigate. Find a lawyer with a low contingency fee, less than 30%, so you get the lion’s share of the settlement, not your lawyer. Thus, don’t get hurt twice by paying a huge fee. Good luck.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics