Can I sue if a site doesn't have a terms of service

Asked almost 2 years ago - Simsbury, CT

I bought something that was a perk for a site but when I got it it didn't do what the description said it did

1. Michael Charles Doland

3

2

Answered . Terms of Service means something totally different from whatever premium you received. Terms of Service/Use are not required, and what your damages are is impossible to determine from your facts.

2. Andrew Mark Jaffe

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . Yes, you can sue the site. Since they do not have a TOS, the "common law" of business transactions will be followed by the courts.

You are probably better off that they do not have a TOS, because they usually limit liability, reserve the jurisdiction, etc.

However, law suits are expensive. How much were your damages? Is it worth a fight? If you win, does the site have the money to pay? Can you go to your local small claims court? You need to have a consultation with an attorney and find the answers to these questions and more.
    __________________
    Andrew M. Jaffe
    Attorney at Law
    Practice Limited to E-Commerce and Internet Law
    attorneyjaffe@aol.com
    330-666-5026 www.netlaws.us