Can I sue him for emotional distress

Asked over 1 year ago - Irvine, CA

I was with my significant other for 14 years before i left him 2 years ago bcuz of domestic violence . we have 6 yr old twin girls together . I had a restraining order that prevented him to come within 500 ft of my house , car and kids and myself of coarse . it eventually became a restraining order for just me , my house , and car . he has broken it several times . He has been arrested for breaking it several times . He has put a gps in my car on numerous occasions , shown up at different functions that i was attending only to take my picture . He has tried running me off the road , broken into my home , stolen from me , he has even stollen my car parked it ten blocks away and left drugs and paraphernalia on the passengers seat on top of my daughters sweater . i have police reports for all of this . we ha

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Michael Kevin Cernyar


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You can sue anyone, anytime, for just about anything. But there are many things you have to consider, so I strongly suggest meeting with an attorney to review all of the facts before you do so since if its considered a frivolous lawsuit you may end up paying for your ex' attorney. Many respectable attorneys provide a free consultation. My advice would be to meet with on soon before any statute of limitations run out.

    The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice... more
  2. Rhonda Diane Ellifritz

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . You may want to renew the restraining order if this is still happening.

    Since legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, and laws are constantly changing,... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,717 answers this week

3,259 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,717 answers this week

3,259 attorneys answering