Can I sue him for emotional distress

Irvine, CA |

I was with my significant other for 14 years before i left him 2 years ago bcuz of domestic violence . we have 6 yr old twin girls together . I had a restraining order that prevented him to come within 500 ft of my house , car and kids and myself of coarse . it eventually became a restraining order for just me , my house , and car . he has broken it several times . He has been arrested for breaking it several times . He has put a gps in my car on numerous occasions , shown up at different functions that i was attending only to take my picture . He has tried running me off the road , broken into my home , stolen from me , he has even stollen my car parked it ten blocks away and left drugs and paraphernalia on the passengers seat on top of my daughters sweater . i have police reports for all of this . we ha

1. You can sue anyone, anytime, for just about anything. But there are many things you have to consider, so I strongly suggest meeting with an attorney to review all of the facts before you do so since if its considered a frivolous lawsuit you may end up paying for your ex' attorney. Many respectable attorneys provide a free consultation. My advice would be to meet with on soon before any statute of limitations run out.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

2. You may want to renew the restraining order if this is still happening.

Since legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, and laws are constantly changing, nothing provided herein should be used as a substitute for the advice of competent legal counsel.