Can I sue goodwill retail store for selling me a replica Coach hand bag stating that it's authentic

Asked almost 2 years ago - Winchester, VA

The Coach hand bag is brand new and it has the a tag saying Coach made in Italy and its price is $75 which is really high comparing to their handbags which they go for $4 to $10 maximum
And I bought Louis Vuitton brand new for $50 with a tag saying made in France
And the employee there told me they are real
when I went I found out that both are fake and I can't even sell them anywhere
When I went back there the manager refused to return or exchange them
I'm very pissed can I sue goodwill for selling fake replica brand saying that they are real and pricing them really high like if they are authentic?

1. Rixon Charles Rafter III

1

Answered . Any one can sue--including you. Whether you could win is another story. You'd have to show who said what and be able to prove it. Your word is not enough. You'd have to put on experts who could offer their expert testimony that the items were knock-offs. You'd have to show GW knew they were knockoffs and mislead you as part of a fraud. The expert witnesses alone could cost you thousands--far more than you are likely to recover. Recommend you report the incident to the VA AG's office at http://www.oag.state.va.us/consumer%20protectio...