Can I sue goodwill retail store for selling me a replica Coach hand bag stating that it's authentic

Winchester, VA |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

The Coach hand bag is brand new and it has the a tag saying Coach made in Italy and its price is $75 which is really high comparing to their handbags which they go for $4 to $10 maximum
And I bought Louis Vuitton brand new for $50 with a tag saying made in France
And the employee there told me they are real
when I went I found out that both are fake and I can't even sell them anywhere
When I went back there the manager refused to return or exchange them
I'm very pissed can I sue goodwill for selling fake replica brand saying that they are real and pricing them really high like if they are authentic?

1. Any one can sue--including you. Whether you could win is another story. You'd have to show who said what and be able to prove it. Your word is not enough. You'd have to put on experts who could offer their expert testimony that the items were knock-offs. You'd have to show GW knew they were knockoffs and mislead you as part of a fraud. The expert witnesses alone could cost you thousands--far more than you are likely to recover. Recommend you report the incident to the VA AG's office at http://www.oag.state.va.us/consumer%20protection/index.html

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.