Can I sue GM for faulty brakes?

Asked 11 months ago - Philadelphia, PA

after the brakes on my vehicle failed miserably causing my car not to stop until it ran up an embankment. My car was totaled. I received a letter from GM about a Recall, for the breaking mechanism in the vehicle that can fail and cause the vehicle to crash. Recall letter received after my brakes failed. My car had also been inspected less than 2 weeks before the brakes failed. Can I sue the company? 2011 Chevy model.

1. Samuel Cohen

5

Answered . If you were injured, contact a personal injury lawyer. If you have collision coverage, call your insurance company. If not, contact an attorney that handles automobile warranty cases. This is NOT a Lemon Law case. Good luck!

2. Jonathan Seth Corchnoy

4

Answered . Probably. Seek a lawyer who does Lemon law work if you just had property damage. Seek a personal injury attorney if you were injured.

3. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

4

Answered . Were you injured. SInce you did not mentioned it I will assume you are well. If the damage is only property damage turn the case to your own insurance company. If you did not have insurance then see a local lawyer. Best of luck.

4. Philip Anthony Fabiano

2

Answered . If you were injured and suffered a serious injury then you may have a claim. If you only have damage to your car you certainly should have a claim for the damage and perhaps under the lemon law something more. You should discuss the claim with a lawyer in Philadelphia. Ob

Pro

2

Answered . Have a local lemon law attorney investigate if it was new.