Can I sue for travel expense if the court didn't get to my case and now I have to reappear at another date?

Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

I live in northern ca and had to attent court in sourhern ca. I paid for my travel expenses along with my witnesses travel cost for a scheduled date and time. Half way though the day I informed the bailiff that do not live in the area and asked if my case was going to be heard. He stated it was. Toward the end of the day I was told my case would not be heard because they ran out of time. I now have to pay for a second trip and I don't think my witnesses will be able to attend. I wasn't planning on asking for travel expense, however, since I have to make another trip, can I ask for some type of reimbursement for at least one of the trips?

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do. This is just how the court system works.

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes