Can I sue for travel expense if the court didn't get to my case and now I have to reappear at another date?

Asked 11 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

I live in northern ca and had to attent court in sourhern ca. I paid for my travel expenses along with my witnesses travel cost for a scheduled date and time. Half way though the day I informed the bailiff that do not live in the area and asked if my case was going to be heard. He stated it was. Toward the end of the day I was told my case would not be heard because they ran out of time. I now have to pay for a second trip and I don't think my witnesses will be able to attend. I wasn't planning on asking for travel expense, however, since I have to make another trip, can I ask for some type of reimbursement for at least one of the trips?

1. Sagar P. Parikh

Answered . Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do. This is just how the court system works.