Can I sue for public forum harrassement and slander or defamation of character.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Spencer, WV

I have had personal attacks on myself and family through public forums such as websites; Topix, Facebbok, and Twitter as well as text or emails. I have had allegations made against that was false. I have developed Angiodema(stress allergy) and Have loss work. Can you help

1. 2

Answered . A local defamation lawyer in your state would need to subpoena the service provider to ascertain the identity of the person.

2. 1

Answered . Need more specific facts to advise you. Consult a local defamation attorney with more specific facts.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  3. Answered . You probably have a number of different options open to you to halt these activities. There could be liability to the posters for cyber-bullying, stalking, invasion of privacy, defamation, etc.

Contact a lawyer to discuss the situation and devise a strategy. They mayalso advise you to contact the police.
    __________________
    Andrew M. Jaffe
    Attorney at Law
    Practice Limited to E-Commerce and Internet Law
    attorneyjaffe@aol.com
    330-666-5026 www.netlaws.us