Can I sue for public forum harrassement and slander or defamation of character.

Spencer, WV |

I have had personal attacks on myself and family through public forums such as websites; Topix, Facebbok, and Twitter as well as text or emails. I have had allegations made against that was false. I have developed Angiodema(stress allergy) and Have loss work. Can you help

Need more specific facts to advise you. Consult a local defamation attorney with more specific facts.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

A local defamation lawyer in your state would need to subpoena the service provider to ascertain the identity of the person.

You probably have a number of different options open to you to halt these activities. There could be liability to the posters for cyber-bullying, stalking, invasion of privacy, defamation, etc.

Contact a lawyer to discuss the situation and devise a strategy. They mayalso advise you to contact the police.
__________________
Andrew M. Jaffe
Attorney at Law
Practice Limited to E-Commerce and Internet Law
attorneyjaffe@aol.com
330-666-5026 www.netlaws.us

This post is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice specific to you. This general information is not a substitute for the advice of an attorney in your jurisdiction. The attorney client relationship is not established by this post.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Recommended articles about Personal injury