Can i sue for public embarasment.... an older guy hit me in the face in front of alot of people. Now its the talk of the town.

Asked over 2 years ago - Orlando, FL

Was a sucker punch and he had no reason to do it

Pro

2

Answered . Find a lawyer and sue for battery.

Click on name or picture to see profile page.
  2. David H. Burns

Pro

Answered . You have a civil lawsuit for battery and you may want to consider filing a criminal complaint.

3. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

Answered . You can sue the individual for your compensatory damages and also for punitive damages. I suggest you determine who this person is and attempt to investigate what assets he may have. His actions will not be covered by any insurance, but if he has assets, you may be able to collect on a judgment.You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing.

4. Lloyd Noland Bell

Answered . You can sue for battery. You can also go to your local magistrate and swear out a warrant for his arrest.

Lloyd N. Bell
    ~ sent from iPhone.

5. Paul D Friedman

Answered . There is not a cause of action for "public embarrassment". You can sue for assault and battery if it was an unprovoked attack.

6. Mark Steven Humphreys

Answered . One, you can contact the police and see if they want to arrest him or at least issue a ticket.
    Two, you can sue for damages that resulted such as medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, disfigurement, impairment, mental anguish, etc.
    "Public Embarrassment" ??? Not so sure -