Can I sue for police slander and harassment for labeling me a gang member

Asked over 1 year ago - Muskogee, OK

im not in a gang and have never been in a gang i have a clean record i was in the back seat of a friends car and we got pulled over ok what ever then am pulled out of the car searched and was told i was a gang member made me sign some papers and took my picture like 3 of them

1. John Lawrence Branum

2

Answered . You need consult with an attorney in your area. If you go to my website and send me an email, I can send you the email address of an attorney that is in Muskogee, who I think would likely be ideal for you to consult with. Because your question is fairly fact specific, there is a chance that prosecutors or other interested parties may come across your question online. Be careful not to post anything else online about this situation.

Pro

3

Answered . No. Defamation requires publication to a 3rd party (not you).

3. Jeffrey Ira Schwimmer

1

Answered . It is not defamation, even if incorrect, if the police said it to you rather than a 3rd party. However, it might be very prudent of you to speak to a criminal defense attorney right away.