Can i sue for personal injury?

Norfolk, VA |

I recently ate at a fast food establishment. I ordered a pork bbq sandwich and when I took the first bite I was stabbed in the roof of my mouth by a sharp piece of something that appeared to be bone. Any advice?

1. In Florida where I practice the case law would not be on your side. Bones in chicken is seen as something that should be expected, as naturally occuring and would not constitute a dangerous food product. You should consult with an attomey in your area to see how your state law views this fact pattern. I would add the if you are not seriously injured the cost of proceeding might outweigh what you could expect to recover. Good luck to you.

The information provided by me should not be considered legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. I am licensed to practice law in Florida and you should consult with an attorney in your area for legal advice. The information exchanged on avvo.com is not privileged and you should not share confidential information over this forum.

2. Whether it was a bone or something else in your food, without an injury sustainedrequiring medical attention , there would be no cause to file a lawsuit.

Click on name or picture to see profile page.

3. If this object is a bone it would be very hard to win this case in most states because one would expect a bone to be in this type of meat. In addition, if your injures are very minor then you have to ask yourself would filing a law suit really be worth it.

But with that said, you still may want to talk your situation over with an attorney in your area to get your state's position on this area of the law.

Good luck!

Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Boston is licensed to practice law in Maryland. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. www.bostonlawllc.com (301) 850-4832 Boston Law Group, LLC

4. Ouch! I agree with the other contributors in that it would not be worth pursuing a suit if you did not have to go to the doctor/suffer medical injury.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions.