Can I Sue for personal Injury.

Ohio |
Filed under: Medical malpractice

I have been getting Laser Hair Removal done on my Upper cheeks. I would draw a line on my cheeks to show the Doctor to stay above the line. Well my beard was grown out a little bit that day. He went below the Line and hit other parts of my beard that was grown out and scared me.But I never went to the hospital i just suffered through it thinking I would be ok and there wouldn't be any scaring. Well now I have a Small scar at every spot where a hair grows out of. Is it to late to sue?

This has Happened on May 11th 2009

1. I am not licensed to practice law in Ohio.

I am not sure of when the procedure took place that scarred you.

However everystate has a statute of limitations ofr such claims.

Consult with a Personl Injury attorney in Ohio. They usually give free consultations.

2. The statute of limitations to file a medical malpractice complaint is one year. I believe it will be difficult if not impossible to get an attorney to take this case.

3. No, if this just happened this last May, it's not too late to sue, but I would not get your hopes up - - especially this late in the game. The Ohio General Assembly has made it very difficult to sue doctors in the State of Ohio. The Ohio Supreme Court has not made things any easier. Finding a lawyer for a medical malpractice case in Ohio is very difficult for these reasons alone.

Of course, every case is different and you have provided very limited facts. While it's possible you may have a claim, I would have to say it's not likely. I always encourage speaking to a lawyer in person. Perhaps someone will have a different take than me.