Can I sue for pain and suffering medical bills if at work delivering mail fell down broken steps

I delivered to a house as I was coming down the whole wooden step came out and I stumble down aim pregnant to rush to hospital aim ok and the baby too no broken bones out of work for 5 days only could be on Tylenol so have to stuffer .

Poughkeepsie, NY -

Anthony A. Ferrante

Anthony A. Ferrante

Personal Injury Lawyer - Brooklyn, NY

If there was a defective condition on the stair that led to your fall, then you may be able to prove that the owner of the building is responsible for what happened to you. However unless you have some type of permanent or lasting injury it may not be worth pursuing a case.

You should consult with a local personal injury attorney so that the steps can be inspected before they are changed. Good luck.

Sponsored Listing
Eric Edward Rothstein

Eric Edward Rothstein

Personal Injury Lawyer - New York, NY

As long as you are not suing your employer. It sounds like your case might need an engineer to inspect the steps...it does not sound like your injury is sufficient to warrant the costs and time that goes into a law suit. Speak with a local personal injury lawyer asap.

Matthew C Simon

Matthew C Simon

Personal Injury Lawyer - Parsippany, NJ

It sounds like you have a claim. You probably have a workers comp claim if you were working at the time of the accident. You may have a negligence suit against the owner/occupier of the house too. Seek an attorney to discuss your case in detail. Good luck.

Ryan Alexander

Ryan Alexander

Personal Injury Lawyer - Las Vegas, NV

If your job is as a delivery person, it appears that you have a worker's compensation claim rather than a personal injury claim. Call a worker's compensation lawyer, they usually have free consultations.

And do it FAST since there are usually limitations on how long you have to report an injury (like ONE WEEK).

Clark County, Nevada practitioner.
Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Personal Injury Lawyer - Philadelphia, PA

You may have a 3rd party claim against the owner, but without injury, it might not be worth the hassle, but contact one of the above lawyers in your state to investigate if you did sustain injury.

Related Advice

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.