Can I sue for neglect

New York, NY |

my dad was dead for over a month in a independant nursing home, can I sue for neglect

1. You need to provide some additional information. However, and in general, there may be several potential causes of action. In addition, you would likely need to have an Administrator appointed to handle the estate unless your father had a will.

New York Plaintiff's Personal Injury Attorney Serving NYC, Long Island, Westchester and the surrounding areas. The information provided herein is not, and is not intended to be, legal advice. The content herein is for information and educational purposes only, and is based on the limited information provided. Any information provided is not intended to, and does not, create any attorney/client relationship where none exists. For legal advice, please consult with an attorney. While this posting is made for informational purposes only for the AVVO community, to the extent one seeks to contact me based on the content herein, or that this may be viewed by some to be attorney advertising, please be advised of the following: *Attorney Advertising

2. As stated, not enough information provided for us to help you out.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

3. Perhaps. Retain a local nursing home abuse lawyer to order and review his records.

4. I am sorry your father passed. I am hoping you don't mean he was laying there dead for a month without anyone knowing. That would be awful.

Regardless, my suggestion would be to contact an attorney who practice nursing home abuse law in New York. That attorney will work with you to determine whether you have a case.

For a free consultation related to medical malpractice, personal injury, workers' compensation, social security disability or nursing home abuse, please contact Lowenthal & Abrams, PC at 1-800-876-5299. I am licensed in Pennsylvania, but members of my firm are licensed in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York. This post is not legal advice, but instead contains general educational information. Please do not act or refrain from acting based upon what you read in this post. Also please remember that this post does not form an attorney/client relationship between you and me. If you have specific legal questions, you should contact an attorney in your state for assistance. I am licensed to practice law in the state of Pennsylvania.

Wills and estates topics