Skip to main content

Can I sue for more than whats owed?

Pasadena, TX |

My exemployer still owes me for 16 days and has been ordered twice by the state of texas to pay but he keeps appealing there discission..its been ,8 months.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Yes. You might be able to sue for interest and attorney fees.

  2. Typically, you can only sue for your actual damages.

    This is general advice based on limited interaction in an online forum. The reply does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You are strongly advised to seek the advice of an attorney in your jurisdiction after you have presented them with all of the facts.

  3. You should consider hiring a private attorney to file suit in state court, ask for attorney fees, interest, damages for failure to pay.