Can I sue for liability? I purchased a new deodorant, used it for 2 days, and now have a severe allergic reaction.

I have swelling, itching, and burning literally all over my body (including my face). My underarms are oozing pus. I have gone to the emergency room and now have an appt with a dermatologist. This has been going on for 2 weeks now.

Edgewood, MD -

Bennett James Wills

Bennett James Wills

Appeals Lawyer - Baltimore, MD

Short answer: you can always sue. Long answer: You won't always win. You should contact an attorney that practices personal injury/products liability to evaluate your claim. There are several theories under this tort and an attorney can best investigate your claim and evaluate whether you have a case.

Sponsored Listing
William Emil Cassara

William Emil Cassara

Military Law Attorney - Augusta, GA

Mr. Wells is correct. Anybody can sue. Only a few win. The defendant has plenty of money to defend these types of cases. I used to practice in MD and can recommend local counsel to evaluate your claim. If you are interested contact me off line.

David Raymond Mahood

David Raymond Mahood

Litigation Lawyer - Savage, MD

I have added a few more tags to your query to open up your question to attorneys who likely can help you. You must consult with a personal injury attorney as soon as possible because there are things you must do immediately to preserve the evidence of your case and to develop the evidence properly.

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Personal Injury Lawyer - Philadelphia, PA

Have a local defective product lawyer investigate. Companies will do a lot to protect their reputations, for example, I had a client use a beard coloring dye and it caused hypopigmentation to his face, and the CEO flew to my office and gave my client $200,000.00, as he didn't want the bad press of me taking this to trial.

Related Advice

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.