Can I sue for liability? I purchased a new deodorant, used it for 2 days, and now have a severe allergic reaction.

Asked over 1 year ago - Edgewood, MD

I have swelling, itching, and burning literally all over my body (including my face). My underarms are oozing pus. I have gone to the emergency room and now have an appt with a dermatologist. This has been going on for 2 weeks now.

1. Bennett James Wills

Pro

2

1

Answered . Short answer: you can always sue. Long answer: You won't always win. You should contact an attorney that practices personal injury/products liability to evaluate your claim. There are several theories under this tort and an attorney can best investigate your claim and evaluate whether you have a case.

2. William Emil Cassara

Pro

2

1

Answered . Mr. Wells is correct. Anybody can sue. Only a few win. The defendant has plenty of money to defend these types of cases. I used to practice in MD and can recommend local counsel to evaluate your claim. If you are interested contact me off line.

3. David Raymond Mahood

Pro

2

1

Answered . I have added a few more tags to your query to open up your question to attorneys who likely can help you. You must consult with a personal injury attorney as soon as possible because there are things you must do immediately to preserve the evidence of your case and to develop the evidence properly.

Pro

3

1

Answered . Have a local defective product lawyer investigate. Companies will do a lot to protect their reputations, for example, I had a client use a beard coloring dye and it caused hypopigmentation to his face, and the CEO flew to my office and gave my client $200,000.00, as he didn't want the bad press of me taking this to trial.