Can I sue for false cps reports,defamation, emotional and physical distress?

Asked about 1 year ago - Houston, TX

My sons father and his mother made 2 false claims to cps that I don't feed my child,I'm related to gang members, and I live dirty in a house full of people.cps found no cause.i live alone, I feed my child and not related or know of any gang member.this was done out of anger because I put the father on child support.i have text of the mother stating I'm doing a good job with my son.i have text of the father saying his mother is messy and a liar and happy he's not like her.i have police report of an instigated attack the mother has made on me. Damage was done to my car but they refused to reveal the name of the person who did it.i haven't slept right in a year,I harass my child's doctor over a runny nose in fear cps will take him.i have no money I spent it on lawyers who found no solution.

1. David Ian Schoen

Pro

9

Answered . Having a case and collecting compensation are 2 different things. Consult with a local experienced personal injury attorney to see if this is worth pursuing.

Pro

7

1

Answered . Best to move on with your life.

3. George Costas Andriotis

7

Answered . Doesn't appear this would be worthwhile perusing but I would definitely consult with a local personal injury attorney to be certain.

These types of issues are typically escalated as opposed to resolved when legal action is take so be very careful. Best of luck.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  4. Daniel Nelson Deasy

6

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Your only hope is to retain a willing personal injury attorney.

5. Paul Vincent Kendall

4

Answered . Someone who acts in good faith when reporting alleged abuse / neglect is immune from criminal and civil liabilities. Knowingly filing a false report of abuse or neglect can, however, bring both criminal and civil penalties. A first offense is a state jail felony; and the person convicted of filing a false report must pay attorney’s fees incurred by the person falsely accused of abuse / neglect, as well as a civil penalty (a fine). In addition, the false report can be grounds for the court to modify possession or access to the child by the the person who made the false report.

6. C. Donald Briggs III

Pro

5

Answered . You should consult with a personal injury attorney. You can find one in the Avvo "Find a Lawyer" section.