Can I sue for false advertising on buying a house

Jacksonville, FL |

when I bought my house I was told I had build in A/C . I found out after I moved in there was no A/C.

A court will hold you and the seller to what you agreed to and what is stated on the written documents you signed at the closing. What you may or may not have been told would be very hard to prove in court and would likely cost more tha putting in AC would--or maybe close to the same price.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

If the sales doc contract listed central ac, it probably would be worth pursuing with an attorney as the ac and duct work could run 6-10, 000. But if it is only something that was said, I agree with the other attorney.