Can i sue for discrimination?

Atlanta, GA |

Okay, i went to an interview after my interview was done a worker who went to my high school went to the manager and said not to hire me she broke confidentiality by discussing my interview with the employee. I have evidence of this is this grounds for an lawsuit?

Discrimination for what? What "confidentiality" did you think you had for an interview? "Someone said something" tells us absolutely nothing, If you believe that a job interview somehow means the potential employer can't gather information about you, you are incorrect.

There is no "confidentiality" to "break" in these circumstances, and the employer is absolutely allowed to pay attention to personal experience information relayed by its employees. You have no claim.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship set forth in a written document executed by the client and by me or a member of my firm. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. I can give advice, make recommendations and answer specific questions only after reviewing the evidence and documents applicable to a specific client and following a personal meeting in my office in which the relevant facts can be developed and analyzed. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.

No. You were not illegally discriminated against, at least under these facts.