Can I sue for defamation of character?

Asked about 1 year ago - Fort Washington, MD

My child who was 15 in March (I have screen shoots) had some very inappropriate statements made about my child and a another individual over twitter. They used my child's name and the other child's name. I have the tweets in a word document. Now just last week the same individuals (three of them) have started it up again. My child is now 16. These remarks a vicious, nasty sexual in nature statements that have been seen by over 100 individuals because it is an open twitter account. It is very detailed statements that have also been discussed on the bus as well as in the school whether in the hallways or even in the cafeteria. My child has be isolated, ridiculed and quite frankly has been emotionally traumatized by the situation. I'm ready to take action against all three.

Pro

5

Answered . Call police

2. Christopher Michael Davis

4

Answered . I agree with my colleague. You should contact your child's schools administration as well as the local police department. Hopefully they will be able to put a stop to this.

3. Samuel Cohen

3

Answered . This is a police matter. Report the facts to your local police. This is also a school matter. Bring it to the attention of the principal. Hopefully the police and the school will be able to help end this terrible situation. My heart goes out to you and your child.