Can I sue for damages to my property eroding due to their grading the dirt road 2-3 ft below mine.

Asked 6 months ago - Montgomery, TX

6yrs ago they purchased land with a dirt road that runs behind my house and started a dirt pit. when I complained to the tceq about all the noise, dirt and dust they told them they were digging a lake for a development. well that was 6yrs ago and it is still in progess 6 days a week. I estimate 100-300 trips up the back of my property a day by dump trucks. not on sunday, but we are covered in dirt and dust. inside and outside my house, I have discovered the property behind my house that I own is eroding about 10-20 ft away from their road. due to constant grading of the road after each rain...I cant keep my windows clean, cars constantly covered, dust inside house all the time. cant have company.over the trucks are 12 hours a day 6 days a week and on holidays.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Craig Bernard Mitchell

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You should be able to bring a claim for damages. Contact a local attorney - you can try to find one by searching Avvo.

    Don't forget to check "Helpful" if I helped you out. This response is not intended to create an attorney client... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,348 answers this week

2,971 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,348 answers this week

2,971 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary