Can I sue for back pay and emotional trauma? My employer worked me off the clock for 5 years. Reward of promotion then didn't.

Phoenix, AZ |

My company is huge. I have very serious arthritis. I'm 47 years old. Started this at age 42. First being bullied then after complaining to EEOC, changed to I would get promoted if I got my employer promoted. Well over 100k worth of off the clock work but now that he is promoted and gone, it is forgotten about and he told me that it was just a management technique he used to get himself promoted. He is 17 years younger than me. Now, I am emotionally a mess. I have complained with H.R. 5 weeks ago and they aren't doing anything. They are protecting the people that are their friends and dragging this out until it is forgotten. I think they are trying to label me as crazy. I have witnesses. Also video. Lots more to this including me being set up and I'm able to prove it. I have many emails too

1. I won't address the unpaid labor dispute as that isn't an area of the law where I'm familiar.

As far as what your former supervisor said to you, it doesn't sound like there's a case for any misconduct. The "promises" lack specificity necessary to support reliance. You should speak with an attorney directly and explain the story in its entirety.

The material on this website has been prepared and published for informational purposes only. There is no effort or intention to solicit new clients or new engagements from existing clients by way of this website; nor should any of the information published on the website be construed as representing any of our lawyers' availability to practice in jurisdictions where they are not authorized to do so. Currently, our attorneys are licenesed to practice only in Arizona and Illinois. None of these materials are offered, nor should be construed, as legal advice. Communication of information by or through this website and your receipt or use of such information is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship with Hall Underwood or any of the firm's attorneys. The creation of the attorney-client relationship would require direct, personal contact between you and our firm through one or more attorneys and would also require an explicit agreement by the firm that confirms that an attorney-client relationship is established and expresses the terms of that relationship. You should not act or rely upon information contained in these materials without specifically seeking professional legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.

2. You would almost certainly have a viable overtime claim under the FLSA.

3. If you are due unpaid wages in AZ, you can receive an award of triple damages on the unpaid wages by statute. You need to see a lawyer.