Can I sue Everest College for Misleading Information..

Asked 10 months ago - Alhambra, CA

It was the first week of January, in the year of 2013, when I decided to check out Everest College in Alhambra, California. There, I met with Teo, a pushy admissions representative. That day, he explained the roles of a Medical Assistant, and told me about the position’s average salary and how much income the position initially makes.

Because I was yet to acquire a degree, I was eager to start school. I know that the recruiters of Everest College work off of a quota, so I feel he sensed I was an easy sale.

He stated many qualifications that I didn't end up qualifying for (because the school really doesn't offer it)

1. CNA (certified nursing assistant) –
a. Teo stated that after the program, I would be eligible to take the state board exam to be a Certified Nurse's Assistant.

2. Medical Assistant's Salary –
a. I have stated to Teo many times, I am looking for a job with a starting salary range of 13-19 dollars an hour. And he stated that statistically their new grads were making 13-16 dollars an hour as their starting salary. Which is completely false. Below, I have provided you with a list to show simples of job listings on craigslist under the section “healthcare jobs”. Here you will find a 9-10 dollar per hour starting pay, and sometimes even $8!

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

4

Answered . You can use Google to identify current litigations against this school. There are multiple actions in progress and likely others that are pending. If you reach out to the attorneys that are handling those cases for plaintiffs, you may find that one or more of the lawyers or law firms is interested in your experiences with the school. You may even find that a current or pending case can be expanded to include your allegations.

The facts you have offered here are far far short of what would be required to prove your claim. But there may be facts that can be developed that would establish your cause of action. Talk with a litigator with specific experience against this school.

2. Stephen Ross Cohen

1

Answered . Ms. McCall is a wonderful person and her answers are always spot on, take her advice and good luck. I agree with her.

3. John David Laurie

Pro

1

Answered . My question for you would be what are your damages? How were you harmed finacially. You may want to see an attorney or proceed in small claims.