Can I sue employer for slander unfair treatment, unhealthy work enviroment mental abuse?

Myrtle Beach, SC |

I worked in an unhealthy enviroment with poor ventilation, emotional abuse, gender bias, an employer who called me "stupid", was treated like company slave?

1. There is a lot going on in this question!
    1. Poor ventilation: you may be able to sue under OSHA. I don't know and I would consult a local employment lawyer.
    2. Emotional abuse: there is a cause of action called "intentional infliction of emotional distress," but it can be very hard to bring in the employment context. Most courts hold that there are emotional stresses in the workplace and that they aren't there to impose a "general code of civility." It would depend on the severity of the conduct.
    3. Gender bias: this is definitely illegal, but whether you have a case depends on the circumstances. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of gender. You have to show that you suffered an adverse employment action (like getting fired), that you were qualified for the job, and that your gender played some role in the adverse action.
    4. Called stupid: unfortunately, you probably don't have a case for this. As I stated earlier, courts do not want to get involved in workplace conduct that does not allege some type of prohibited discrimination.
    5. Treated like a company slave: this would depend on the details. Did you work more than 40 hours per week without making overtime pay?

I would see a lawyer and discuss the details of these allegations.