Skip to main content

Can i sue employer for not taking me back after a workmen's comp claim?

Bristol, CT |

I had an evaluation after my back injury and ergonomic changes were recommended to my work station. After being released for work with restrictions I was terminated. Do I have any recouse against my employer?

Attorney Answers 1


If your employer has light duty work available, they are required to provide you with that position. They do not have to create a light duty position for you under the Workers' Compensation Act. If your employer fired you in retaliation for asserting a right under the Workers Compensation Act, they may have been in violation of section 31-290a of the Connecticut General Statutes. If you and your employer meet certain criteria you may also fall within the protections of both the American with Disabilities Act and the Connecticut Disability Act which would require them to provide you with a reasonable accomodation. I suggest you retain an attorney that is versed in both workers' compensation and employment law.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics