Can i sue DCFS for damages in violation of the julie q law ?

Asked about 1 year ago - Urbana, IL

dcfs investigated me and my girlfriend in may for neglect due to environmental condition which our child was not involved but sleep. they first found me guilty and a report was on file. the supreme court reversed the decision . it caused me to move from my family and back to my mothers house so i wasn't in violation. i am already bi polar / manic it took me into a deeper hurt . so painful being away from my daughter / girlfriend . it was very hard to sleep and still is because i feel like they had no right to investigate please write me back asap . hopefully i can get a call

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

1

1

Answered . If the facts are more robust that you have here, a lawsuit against DCFS in federal court alleging that the case workers violated your constitutional rights as protected by the 4th, 5th and 14th Amendments of the Constitution may be filed.

You need a lot more, though.

See a constitutional law attorney there in Urbana

2. Jeffrey Ryan Brown

Answered . It sounds like you've had a very difficult time. You should contact a personal injury attorney that also handles family law. There are a few in Champaign/Urbana. They should be able to look at your case for you.