Can I sue car dealer for trying to scam me and not transfer my plates over or registering my car so that I can get the title to

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

I purchased a car from a car dealership about 3months ago. When I purchased the car we agreed to $4900 with everything included transferring of the plate, registration and everything I needed. The dealerships owner which is the person who sold me the car and has hos signature on all the paperwork called and said he wants $1000 more for the car. I said no we agreed to $4900 and that what the paper work says. He did not transfer my plate or register my car so I cant drive it or register it or the plates because I have no title but he has my money. Can I sue him?

1. Tara Leigh Goodwin

Answered . Yes, you can sue him. You might also want to file a complaint with the Illinois Attorney General's office, and if both of you are in Chicago, the Chicago Department of Business and Consumer Affairs. Finally, the Secretary of State police are often very helpful in situations involving failure to transfer title.