Skip to main content

Can I sue because of misinformation on the web?

Collegeville, PA |

When I was 15 years old I was a runaway. The Police reports mistakenly were leaked out to the newspapers and are all over the web. They were warped misinformed reports that were publicized as a juvenile and haven't been taken down. Now I am 18 and the results of this have been devastating. I am unable to get a job and have even been told that they won't hire me because of what they saw when they Google me. I have put in dozens of application and none have been willing to hire. This was three years ago. Is it too late to do anything? Do I sue the state police for letting the police reports leak? Should I sue the papers for allowing misinformation about a child to become public? What do I do?

Attorney Answers 2


There are companies online that can add positive information to push the negative information back several pages, such as

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


An unfortunate situation. I agree with my colleague. Look into as your quickest resolution.

Mark as helpful

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics