Can I sue because I was food poison at a local restrutant

Asked over 2 years ago - Montgomery, AL

I went to eat at this place and woke up the next morning sick, I was vomting, facial redness. stomach cramps, diaherra, sweating, itching. I had to get prescriptions filled

1. Randy William Ferguson

Answered . Yes. You have to prove that it was food poisoning. Do an incident report and tallk to an attorney.

2. Douglas C Martinson II

Answered . Yes you can and you do need to file a report with the restaurant and see if there were any other people who got food poisoning as well. I had a case about 15 years ago against Taco Bell. You should contact an attorney in Montgomery.

3. Paul Y. Lee

Answered . Take care of your symptoms first. If your injuries required medical treatment, you may have a viable suit. Consult with a personal injury lawyer who provides free consultation and takes cases on a contingency fee basis. If your symptoms did not require medical treament (beyond medications) it may not be practical or make economic sense to pursue a lawsuit. (A jury is not likely to award anything substantial based on pain and suffering and discomfort alone if there is no special damages (such as medical expenses or lost earnings) of any significance.) If this is the case, present your claim to the managment of the restaurant. They probably will provide you with some sort of compensation, such as discount coupons or gift certificates.