CAN I SUE AN OLD NEIGHBOR IF MY SON BROKE HIS ARM ON HIS PARKED COMMERCIAL TRUCK ON A RESIDENTIAL street. THIS HAPPENED IN 2011.

Bronx, NY |

1. Depends on the age of your son, the relationship of the neighbor to the truck, and whether you can show that the truck was negligently parked on the street. You should consult an attorney because you will need to provide much more specific information.

This is not legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. This is for education and informational purposes only. It is always recommended that you contact an attorney with any concerns as each individual case is unique.

2. If negligent , yes

3. Depends on the circumstances. You need to provide far more information as to how this accident occurred. You have three (3) years to file a lawsuit, so be careful of the time when this occurred. If you would like to contact our office to discuss it further I would be happy to go over the occurrence and your son's injuries. Feel free to call. (516) 280-4716.

Mr. Pascale is licensed to practice law in the State of New York. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and time-lines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Pascale strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their state in order to insure proper advice is received.

4. Good afternoon. We would need a lot more information to give you any definitive answer on this case. I recommend you find a local attorney specializing in personal injury and ask for a free consultation to fully explain your situation and see if you have a claim. Good luck!

5. How did the accident happen? You would need to show that the neighbor was negligent in some way.

My firm is a second generation family firm successfully handling personal injury and medical malpractice cases for over 35 years. "Let Our Family Help Your Family" www.kileylawfirm.com 516 466-7900

6. It all depends on all the facts and circumstances. Consult a lawyer

7. You should consult a lawyer right away. When there's a minor involved, there can be a tolling for the statute of limitations. Give the lawyer all of the details of the accident, so your lawyer can determine whether you have a viable case.

I am an attorney admitted solely in NY. None of the answers I submit on this forum constitutes legal advice, even to questioners in NY, and no attorney-client relationship is hereby created.

8. yes, if the neighbor was negligent in parking his truck there. We need to talk so we can determine if there is negligence. Did you or your son report the accident to your neighbor> Did the police come to the scene? If so do you have or can you get the police report?

9. The strength of a lawsuit mainly depends on two factors: 1) liability / what was done wrong, and 2) damages / what happened as a result?. It seems that your son had a very serious injury, but what is it you feel your neighbor did wrong?

Attorney Advertising. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail.