CAN I SUE AN OLD NEIGHBOR IF MY SON BROKE HIS ARM ON HIS PARKED COMMERCIAL TRUCK ON A RESIDENTIAL street. THIS HAPPENED IN 2011.

Asked about 1 year ago - Bronx, NY

1. Bennett James Wills

Pro

10

Answered . Depends on the age of your son, the relationship of the neighbor to the truck, and whether you can show that the truck was negligently parked on the street. You should consult an attorney because you will need to provide much more specific information.

2. James D. Kiley

8

Answered . How did the accident happen? You would need to show that the neighbor was negligent in some way.

3. Brian Curtis Pascale

Pro

7

Answered . Depends on the circumstances. You need to provide far more information as to how this accident occurred. You have three (3) years to file a lawsuit, so be careful of the time when this occurred. If you would like to contact our office to discuss it further I would be happy to go over the occurrence and your son's injuries. Feel free to call. (516) 280-4716.

4. Alan James Brinkmeier

7

Answered . If negligent , yes

5. Yefim Rubinov

5

Answered . It all depends on all the facts and circumstances. Consult a lawyer

6. Tazewell Taylor Shepard IV

6

1

Answered . Good afternoon. We would need a lot more information to give you any definitive answer on this case. I recommend you find a local attorney specializing in personal injury and ask for a free consultation to fully explain your situation and see if you have a claim. Good luck!

7. Susan Pernick

4

Answered . You should consult a lawyer right away. When there's a minor involved, there can be a tolling for the statute of limitations. Give the lawyer all of the details of the accident, so your lawyer can determine whether you have a viable case.

8. Michael Wayne Goldstein

3

Answered . yes, if the neighbor was negligent in parking his truck there. We need to talk so we can determine if there is negligence. Did you or your son report the accident to your neighbor> Did the police come to the scene? If so do you have or can you get the police report?

9. Gregory Scott Newman

3

Answered . The strength of a lawsuit mainly depends on two factors: 1) liability / what was done wrong, and 2) damages / what happened as a result?. It seems that your son had a very serious injury, but what is it you feel your neighbor did wrong?