Can I sue an Indian operated Casino. I slipped on black duct take used to hold steps together?

Montgomery, AL |

About two weeks ago, I was at a Montgomery Indian operated Casino when I slipped on black duct tape and the heel of my boot got stuck between loosened rubber that was very warn out. I managed to pull my foot out but sprained my ankle really bad in the process. The EMT on duty brought me a wheel chair wrote up the accident. Now I am wearing a boot and under Doctors care until I'm healed. Their insurance company has called and sent me a claim form to file. I do have pictures of the stairs with duct take all over them and visible signs of loosened rubber and I have pictures of my ankle as well. There were no watch your step or warning signs.

P.S I called about twenty lawyers in the area, no one would take the case.

1. Indian Casinos are protected but claims are still possible. Find a lawyer who specializes in making these types of claims. A google search in your area should result in a few lawyers who are willing to take the case. Best of luck.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

2. It is possible to pursue a claim against an Indian run casino, but you have a very limited time period to file your notice of claim with the tribal counsel. As these claims are handled under "Tribal Law" instead of state laws, you will need to find an attorney qualified to file such claims. Most lawyers are not admitted to practice in front of the Tribal Court. You need to act immediately. I would suggest searching for attorneys licensed to practice in front of the Tribe that runs the casino you were injured at.

3. Yes -- you can pursue a claim, but your opportunities are limited. Keep searching for counsel!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

4. Retain a 'tribal lawyer attorney' to investigate immediately.