Can i sue an employer for sex discrimination if i dont work there?

Asked over 1 year ago - Dover, DE

if i can prove an employer doesn't want to hire me because of my sex can i file a lawsuit or should i report to the EEOC

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Nicholas M. McLeod

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . Yes, you may file an EEOC charge if you are not hired because of your gender. You must do so within 180 days of the decision to deny you employment.

  2. Daniel Sage Ward

    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . You can, but it is a tough case to prove. What prof do you have? Take your information to a local employment lawyer.

    This answer does not constitute legal advice nor form an attorney client relationship. I am not your lawyer. If... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,723 answers this week

3,216 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,723 answers this week

3,216 attorneys answering