Can I sue an employer for discrimination?

Tulsa, OK |

I was training as a manager for a fast food joint. Another trainee has been constantly poking at my stomach, making comments about myself being pregnant. (I am not pregnant) The same day I told my store manager of the issue, everything went down hill. The same trainee that was poking my was in charge for the night. I asked him what orders were. he told me "keep your ass on the front counter and stay there." A few minutes later as I was in the lobby he came and asked what the f*** was my problem. I told him I did not like being talk to like that and he told me to take my a** home. The store manager had came back to the store when I was leaving and he had said that several team members called him and said I had cussed them out and made one cry (which didnt happen) I was fired the next day.

1. If your employer believed you were pregnant (even though you weren't), you may have a case for pregnancy/gender discrimination. If you informed your employer that you were not pregnant, and you were simply fired because other employees decided to make false statements about you, you're probably out of luck. Unfortunately, as an at will employee, you can be fired for any reason so long as it is not discriminatory or retaliatory.

DISCLAIMER: This response is for informational purposes only and does not form an attorney-client relationship. It represents only the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response is based on the limited facts provided, and might change given additional or different facts.