Can I sue an attorney in a criminal case were I was a defendant an the attorney let a person hear a police recording

Asked 10 months ago - Houston, TX

My former attorney let the person I bought marjuana from hear a recording stating there name because he is there former attorney and there friends

1. Gary T. MacInnis

1

Answered . You imply that the attorney had a conflict of interest. That could be a basis for a legal malpractice case, if you can prove the allegation of conflict of interest, and you can show that you sustained damages as a result of the breach of duty. There are down sides to it. There is not a great deal of jury sympathy for drug dealers who get themselves caught up in a sting operation that results in their arrest for selling drugs. You should contact a personal injury who has handled professional malpractice cases.

2. Richard Kurt Arbuckle

Pro

Answered . It would be a difficult case, but if you received some loss as a result, then you should see an attorney and have the matter evaluated in detail.