Can I sue an attorney in a criminal case were I was a defendant an the attorney let a person hear a police recording

Houston, TX |

My former attorney let the person I bought marjuana from hear a recording stating there name because he is there former attorney and there friends

You imply that the attorney had a conflict of interest. That could be a basis for a legal malpractice case, if you can prove the allegation of conflict of interest, and you can show that you sustained damages as a result of the breach of duty. There are down sides to it. There is not a great deal of jury sympathy for drug dealers who get themselves caught up in a sting operation that results in their arrest for selling drugs. You should contact a personal injury who has handled professional malpractice cases.

No lawyer-client relationship exists. This answer is intended for discussion purposes only. You must obtain legal advice from your own attorney.

It would be a difficult case, but if you received some loss as a result, then you should see an attorney and have the matter evaluated in detail.

This is not legal advice. You should always discuss the specifics of your issue in person with an attorney. Be aware that there are time limits on all claims that depend on the kind of claim, so do not delay in seeking an attorney.